Thursday, July 31, 2008

"Press Release Wars" Are Downright Silly

(Danville, California)
 
    OK, folks! I am going to start sharing with you some of the downright silliness of this campaign (heck, just about all campaigns). Since I am on the press e-mail list for the Obamas, the McCains, and yes even still, the Clintons, I thought I might share some of the more ridiculous offerings.
 
    Today it was former President Bill Clinton, trying to entice us to play a "lottery" of sorts, so we could dine with Hillary (and help retire her multi-million dollar campaign debt). The press release is entitled "The Person I Most Want to Spend Time With." Seriously, that's the title (or the punch line; make your own joke!) Anyway, here's what his email said:
 
"Dear Mark,

During the campaign, Hillary and I didn't have the chance to eat together much because we were usually on the trail in different states. Now that the campaign's over, I'm glad we can share more meals again.  

Of all the people I've had the privilege to break bread with, the person I most enjoy is still Hillary.

Now you have a chance to have dinner with her. And if you contribute today to help Hillary retire that pesky campaign debt, you and a guest might be sitting down to dinner with her soon. I think you should go for it and enter today. 

Join Hillary for dinner. Make a contribution today.  

Trust me on this one. If you're the lucky winner, it will be a night you'll really enjoy and one to remember.

All my best,
Bill Clinton
Bill Clinton"
 
In fairness, some of the McCain and Obama offerings are equally as touching. Those chapters are coming soon to a blog near you! www.MarkCurtisMedia.blogspot.com.
 




Get fantasy football with free live scoring. Sign up for FanHouse Fantasy Football today.

No comments: