Friday, February 15, 2008

Thanks for a GREAT Six Weeks! More to Come!

(Danville, California)
 
Its hard to believe, but this blog is just 6 weeks old today!  It seems like just yesterday we were slogging though Iowa, and now we are on the way to Wisconsin Sunday for the next round of primaries!
 
Thousands of people have visited my blog and website and I can't thank you enough.
 
This is the most fascinating Presidential election in almost 60 years and there is more excitement coming.
 
There have been some funny moments along the way. When I "emceed" the Contra Costa USA dinner a few weeks back, dozens of people wanted to know why I suddenly "disappeared" from KTVU. When I explained we were launching a new company:
www.MarkCurtisMedia.com, I told people if it didn't work out, I had other options. Then I held up the following homemade sign:
 
The laughs shook the room. If you look closely on the left, you can see Tony Snow even autographed my sign! Hopefully, this venture will be a wild success and you will NOT see me on the freeway ramp!
 
In any case, my trips to Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada, Florida, across California, Washington, DC, Virginia and Maryland have been amazing! I've watched the campaigns unfold (or fold!) in person and have learned a lot!  Along the way I have met some really wonderful people and some real characters.
 
Among them, Michelle Quinn a newspaper carrier for the "Sacramento Bee."
She was out in front of the capitol hawking newspapers after Super Tuesday. "Get all of you election news. Its right here in this commemorative edition," Michelle said. It took me back to my days as a newspaper carrier for the morning "Milwaukee Sentinel" back in 1972. I remember standing on a street corner selling newspapers, the morning after the Wisconsin Primary.
 
Speaking of which, this year's Wisconsin Primary is this Tuesday, February 19. I will be there all week covering the latest election developments!
 
Thousands of people have already visited my blog, so thank you and keep spreading the news!
 
 
Thank you for helping make us a success!
 
 




The year's hottest artists on the red carpet at the Grammy Awards. AOL Music takes you there.

No comments: